2013 WBNA Member Benefits
- Created on Wednesday, 29 February 2012 18:22
- Written by Administrator
- Strength in NUMBERS! Help give our neighborhood a voice in city and state government
- Connect with Neighbors and Make a Difference in your community
MEMBERS ONLY BENEFITS
• Rent tools from the WBNA Tool+Equipment bank (includes chair and table rental)
• Rent a plot in the WBNA Bridgham or Parade Street Community Gardens (available plots on a first come first serve basis each spring)
• Rent the WBNA Headquarters for your special occasion
• Participate in our newest program, West Side Play Space, a co-op indoor preschool play space!
• Vote for officers at our Annual Meeting
• Hear about things that affect you and our neighborhood with our "Online eNews Alerts" and website. Sign up to receive WBNA eNews at www.wbna.org
• Get a super cool WBNA bumper sticker for your car or shop window
• PLUS with your 2013 member card, get Member Discounts at Local Businesses
JOIN THE FUN: Events that connect Neighbors
• Annual Neighborhood Clean-up
• Annual Neighborhood Wide Yard Sale
• Annual Neighborhood Block Party
• Annual Neighbor Day Celebration
• West Side Thursdays: Free Family Entertainment in the park each Thursday in July
• Coordination of Neighborhood Halloween Map
• Goblins & Gremlins Party+Parade+Pumpkin Launch
• LRI+WBNA West Side Holiday Caroling
• Annual WBNA Gala
• After Hour Socials at Neighbors’ Houses and Businesses
GET INVOLVED: Meetings on what’s happening in your neighborhood (+meet your neighbors)
• Community Development Committee (CDC)- 2nd Tues. in Feb., April, June, Sept., Nov.-7pm-WBNAHQ
• Monthly Crime Watch/Neighborhood Action Committee Meetings- 4th Tues- 7:00pm-WBNAHQ
• Quarterly General Meetings. Go to www.wbna.org for date and time
• WBNA Annual Meeting at fun neighborhood places- January- time+location TBA
• NEW in 2013! Business and green initiatives subcommittees of the CDC will be launched!
HELP US HELP YOU: Neighborhood Advocacy, Improvements, and Maintenance
• Continuous advocacy: work with neighbors when they have concerns and ideas
• Notification of issues and legislation that may affect you and your home or business
• Access to city officials to cite and correct problems quickly
• Neighborhood development project reviews
• Friends of Dexter Training Ground: supports the maintenance of our park and playground
• Assistance with graffiti removal
• Advocate for walkable quality neighborhood schools on the West Side
• Grant writing for neighborhood improvements (playground, streetscapes, trees, etc.)
• The WBNA has helped to implement laws and policies that expand and protect neighbor rights. In recent years, this has led to legislation that prevents placement of gas meters on historic and non-historic properties & implementation of the City’s largest On-Street Overnight Permit Parking Pilot program!
The WBNA ~ Neighbors & Businesses working together for 30 years.
GOT AN IDEA? The WBNA can help make it happen!
The WBNA organizes neighbors and businesses on the West Side of Providence to preserve and promote our diverse, historic, urban community as a safe, vibrant, and sustainable place to live, work, and play.
WBNA Business Hours
Mon – Thurs: 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday